Open Houses are the best way to generate leads and obtain referrals. These are the necessary steps you should take in order to receive as many of these as possible.
Open houses are the tried and true way of showcasing a home to potential buyers. It is one of the best ways to generate leads and interact with the local community. However, while you may have done everything to make sure the home looks great, there are still steps you can take to ensure you get as much as you can from your open house.
The 5 Important Steps
Now that you have done everything you can to make your house look great, what is the next step?
- Promote – Promoting your open house is the first step in obtaining referrals. While you may only choose to advertise your open house to potential buyers, it’s important to promote to your fellow agents as well. Ways to promote your home are through a newsletter, e-mailing list, phone calls, or social media.
- Have an agents-only open house – Have a list of other agents that have sold homes in or around the neighborhood. Invite each one personally to have a look around. This will give other agents an opportunity to interact directly with you as well as the home.
- Team up – Try to have your open house scheduled on the same day as other open houses in the neighborhood. By having several open houses in a close proximity, potential leads will be more inclined to visit.
- Have a handout ready – Sounds simple, but having a flyer with all the necessary information ready at hand makes your job so much easier. It also gives other agents an easy and simple way to pass the information on to potential leads. Some important information to include is the home specs and the neighborhood description including local schools, grocery stores, ease of parking, and so on.
- Just ask – Most clients don’t even think about referrals. Even if they thought your service was fantastic, it may not cross their mind to refer you to someone else. Sometimes, just being upfront and asking is the best way to get what you want. However, I would suggest asking for referrals from customers that you have already worked with rather than potential clients. While it may feel a bit awkward, it is important as it allows you to obtain easy referrals.
By following these 5 simple steps, you will have an easier time obtaining referrals than ever.