A stalwart in the Twin Cities real estate scene, Sharry Schmid serves as the senior vice president and regional manager for the Edina Realty real estate firm.
A stalwart on the Twin Cities real estate scene, Sharry Schmid serves as the senior vice president and regional manager for the Edina Realty real estate firm. Edina Realty is a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate that specializes in Minnesota real estate. Ms. Schmid not only is in charge of managerial duties for the firm but also oversees various Edina Realty offices in Twin Cities suburbs.
Ms. Schmid recently has taken the reigns at Edina Realty, but her experience in real estate is vast. Prior to becoming vice president, Sharry Schmid had held various positions with Edina for over 21 years, and prior to this, she was the head of the subsidiary Builder Resource Group (that focused on large condominium projects). With all that in mind, she can be considered one of the industry’s most knowledgeable minds who has the real estate industry rise and fall countless times.
Ms. Schmid has witnessed the industry transitioning from person to person marketing in the 20th century to the digital, app-centric age that we live in today.
Here are Sharry Schmid’s Five Tips for Success in the Digital Age:
- Go Mobile: Sharry’s firm, Edina Realty has done a phenomenal job tapping into the new generation of buyers by creating a user-friendly website and mobile apps for their business. Internet users are moving from the desktop to mobile more and more, and business should follow this trend.
- Know Your Customer: Whether you are showing homes to empty nesters or a young millennial family, you need to understand your market and show houses accordingly. Do not chase lofty commissions but instead understand your customer’s needs and tailor the houses you show to them.
- Be User-Friendly: Simply having a website or online presence does not cut it in this day and age. As you can see with the Edina Realty website, your site should be easy to navigate and aesthetically appealing. Poorly made websites are a turn-off for potential clients and really reflect the overall feel of your brand.
- Use Your Experience to Your Advantage: A mix of old-school real estate knowledge with new-school marketing is the way to go. Use your knowledge from previous sales to help out inexperienced sellers and buyers. Buyers and sellers are open to suggestions, and a simple tip here and there can go a long way.
- Communication is Key: Understand methods of communication with your clients. Emails and texts are becoming the norm, but interpersonal communication is still at the root of any successful real estate agent’s skill-set. Integrity is everything, and listening is a tool that agents need to master.
These tips are tried and true and are evident in the success of Ms. Sharry Schmid. Instill this advice into your real estate practice and reap the benefits.